- 1 (12-inch) pizza crust, ready to bake
- 1 1/2 cup lightly packed cilantro leaves
- 1/2 cup lightly packed parsley leaves
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1jalapeno chile, halved, seeded
- 1 scallion, cut in pieces
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 2 Anaheim or mild green chiles, roasted, peeled, seeded, cut into strips
- 5 tomatillos (or substitute green tomatoes), husked, rinsed, sliced
- 4 small plum tomatoes, sliced and drained on paper towels
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano or 1/2 teaspoon dried
- 2 cups grated jack cheese
Combine all sauce ingredients except salt and pepper in a food processor or blender. Puree until smooth. Add salt and pepper to taste. Preheat oven to 450 F.
Place pizza crust on a large baking sheet. Brush the shell with the sauce. Arrange strips of chiles, radiating out from the center.
Arrange slices of tomatillos, tomatoes, and red onions in between. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and oregano. Top with grated cheese and bake for 5 to 10 minutes, until edges are crisp, and serve hot.