1 small package Creamettes macaroni
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) can pizza sauce
- 1 large can Hunt's tomato sauce with bits
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 small package pepperoni, sliced thin
- 1 small can mushroom bits, drained
Cook meat and onion; drain off fat. Cook macaroni until almost tender (about 5 minutes). Do not overcook or rinse. Mix macaroni, meat mixture and tomato sauce in bowl. Pour into a 9 x l3-inch pan. Sprinkle top with seasonings. Pour pizza sauce over top, cover with Mozzarella and top with green pepper, mushrooms and pepperoni. Bake at 350 degrees F for 25 minutes. (Can be made a day ahead and kept in refrigerator, but bake 5 minutes longer).
Serves 4 to 6.