|Pizza: Muffin Mix Mexican Deep-Dish Pan Pizza Recipe stats|
|Cook Time:||25 Minutes||
A tasty mexican deep dish pizza recipe. Instead of the corn muffin mix, one can use the cornmeal pizza dough recipe. (see pizza dough section).
- 2 boxes (8.5 oz size) corn muffin mix
- 2 eggs
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- Extra-virgin olive oil or, vegetable oil, for drizzling
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin or vegetable oil
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons cayenne sauce
- 2 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar or jack cheese
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 can (2 1/4 ounce sized) sliced jalapenos, drained
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 2 small vine ripe tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 2 tablespoons drained sliced green salad olives
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro leaves, optional garnish
- 1 cup taco sauce
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Mix together the muffin mix with the eggs, melted butter, milk and frozen corn kernels. Lightly grease a large oven-safe nonstick skillet with oil and pour in the muffin mix. Place pan in oven and bake 12 to 15 minutes in center of the oven until light golden in color.
In another skillet over medium-high heat, brown the meat; add onions and spices and cook meat 5 minutes more.
Remove cornbread from oven and top with meat, cheese, and veggies. Add pan back to oven and cook 5 minutes more to melt cheese. Garnish with cilantro, optional.
Cut into 8 wedges and serve the deep dish pan pizza from the skillet. Pass taco sauce at the table to sprinkle on top.